The Visibility data file has the following columns:
- snum: subject number.
- trial: trial number.
- subcond: main subcondition, showing the presence or absence of the target card.
- subsubcond: secondary subcondition, showing the target position group (beginning or end, meaning first or last half of possible positions).
- tcard: target card, from 0 (Ace of Spades) to 51 (King of Diamonds).
- tvalue: target card value, from 1 (Ace) to 13 (King).
- tsuit: target card suit, from 1 (Spades) to 4 (Diamonds).
- tpos: target card position in the stream.
- right: correctness of participant's choice (present or absent).
- rt: reaction time in milliseconds.
- tgame: reported time spent playing card games per day, in hours.
- tcomp: reported time spent using a computer per day, in hours.
- visdssnum: supersubject number for calculating grouped visibility d-prime values.
- viscssnum: supersubject number for calculating grouped visibility bias values.
- age, gender: the age and gender of the participant.
The Memorability data file is analogous to the Visibility data, and has similar columns.
The Likability data file has fewer columns, and some changes:
- subcond: main subcondition, showing whether the trial compared different values or different suits.
- crank1: the card ranked first in the pair (i.e., preferred), from 0 to 51.
- crank1value, crank1suit: the value and suit of this card.
- crank2, crank2value, crank2suit: the card, value, and suit of the non-preferred card.
- right: whether the participant preferred the card on the right (versus left) side of the screen.
veracc.csv: Verbal Accessibility
The Verbal Accessibility was separate from the above three studies, and had fewer columns:
- card1: The card chosen when asked to "Name a playing card", from 0 to 51.
- card2: The card chosen when asked to "Name another card".
- card3: The card chosen when asked "And name another".
visacc.csv: Visual Accessibility
The Visual Accessibility data file has the same columns as the Verbal Accessibility data.